One of the keys to having a productive day is to create a morning ritual. Taking a power hour first thing when you wake up can give you the energy, focus, motivation you need to achieve more in your business.
How many of you are guilty of doing these things as soon as you wake up?
- Checking Facebook on your phone
- Reading Yahoo news and getting sucked into what the Kardasians are doing
- Jumping right into emails
- Watching the morning news and draining yourself with negative stories
Imagine how every area of your life was transformed if you took the time to truly fill your body, mind, and spirit before you began your work day.
What Should I include in my Morning Ritual?
Your morning routine can be as simple or as involved as you want it to be. The key is to pick the actions that feel right for you. Often we wake up a little stiff and sluggish in the morning. It can take time to wake up and get in the zone. A morning ritual can shift you into your power spot setting you up for a high power day!
If you’d like a great resource, there’s a wonderful book called The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod that can help you design a supercharged morning routine that will transform your life!
Here’s some ideas to create a morning routine that starts your day with power and intention.
- Do Yoga
- Go for a morning jog
- Take the dog for a walk
- Watch a work out tape
- Head to the gym
- Have lemon water first thing when you wake up.
- Eat a nutritious balanced breakfast
- Take vitamins
- Make a green smoothie
- Shower, get dressed (don’t work in your pjs!)
- Read a chapter from a personal development book
- Watch a video from a leading industry expert
- Read your goal cards to stay focused on what you want to create
- Make a list of the top 3 priority things you want to accomplish today
- Read your affirmations
- Look at your dream map
- Visualize yourself achieving your goals
Spirit: Connect to the love, peace, and wisdom within.
- Write in your journal (Google journal prompts or read The Artists Way for journaling ideas)
- Taking note of what you are grateful for
- Do a daily devotion
- Meditate (2 great meditation apps are Omvana and Headspace – download and use right from your phone!)
- Spend a few minutes in silence
- Listen to songs that make you feel energized, happy, and motivated (here’s a list of my favorite motivational morning songs)
- Light a candle and set your intentions
- Let go of emotional blocks that are weighing you down